General Liability Insurance in Utah
Looking for General Liability Insurance in Utah?
If you are in the transportation industry you are most likely going to need general liability insurance. Whether the need is coming from contractual requirements or internal risk management decisions – making sure your business has every aspect covered is important for various reasons.
At it’s core, General Liability Insurance is the most basic form of commercial liability coverage. If you own a business, having General Liability coverage is not optional — it’s mandatory.
This insurance coverage protects your business for any property damage or bodily injury that might occur, not involving a truck.
At Tailored Insurance Group we represent a wide range of General Liability Insurance companies in Utah and can help pair your business type with the best possible provider and pricing.
What Situations Can General Liability Insurance Cover?
Business is inherently risky, but General Liability insurance protects against many known and unknown risks.
Simply put, General Liability guards you, your business, and your employees from claims involving bodily injury or property damage born out of your business operations. These policies cover the expense of out-of-court settlements, litigation and judgments awarded by courts. Often times general liability is paired with BPP (Business Personal Property) coverage in a BOP (Business Owners Policy).
Here are a few things you can expect General Liability Insurance to cover:
- Customers on insureds premises that may be injured.
- Loading or unloading cargo using mechanical devices like a forklift, skid steer, front end loader, etc. This can cover accidents that may happen during that time period.
- Libel and slander exposures where your company may write or say something that injures another party.
- Negligently hiring an employee without doing proper drug screening.
- Not disclosing drug problems of an ex-employee to a third-party company that may hire that person.
- Products being damaged after the delivery of products is completed and off the truck/tractor.
- one scraps their arm on the side of the truck/tractor because a piece of metal was hanging off and now that person needs medical attention.